READY SET TWEET


READY SET TWEET



The Twitter competition, what can I say it was a slight failure. I tried my best to get as many followers as possible but only managed to get 20 followers. I stared to tweet about things that interested me hoping to find people that would follow me. First, I began getting followers through classmates, I think that is where I got the most followers from. I followed them they followed me. Then I started with posting pics of my truck which I started working on about two weeks ago. That got me a couple of followers but not that many. Then I started retweeting headlines from news stations across the country but that didn’t yield much better results. I got some random followers that were a little strange to say the least. One of my follower’s tweets, I can’t even understand what he is saying because it’s in a different language!!! but @Alvitoe78 does have 1,299 followers. I also tried using catchy phrases and hashtags, and that did not seem to work either. Not even a response, no hearts, not comments, no retweets, so sad oh well twitter is not my strong point hahaha. I even tried to get followers through Facebook, I put my user handle and still no response from my friends on Facebook. That is mostly because my friends on Facebook do not really use twitter. The reason I found this out is because you can search your Facebook friends on twitter and I had only about 14 friends out of 301 friends on my Facebook account. Of those friends I found on twitter through Facebook only one followed me. And again, that is mostly because most of them do not use twitter.

When going through the modules I came across the module “50 free ways to increase your followers. I used “ Twiends to find new Twitter users you can connect with. Once you’re listed on the platform, other users with similar interests will also be able to find and follow you.” After going through the site, I found out that in order to get as many followers as they were advertising you had to pay a fee to advertise your profile. But I found it useful because you can find people with a common interest and are more likely to follow you.

A mistake I made in the competition is that I didn’t not include a bio in my profile for twitter. People see a face, but you can’t judge a book by its cover. I should have made a short bio of who I am, what I like to do, and why I am on twitter. For the most part people will see a picture of someone and they can either think this guy is a creeper, or they can read a bio and get a sense of who is behind the picture. Another thing I could have done is to be more active in my tweets. Tweet more about random things and just attract more people though interesting tweets.  I am not going to give up on twitter as I will continue to gather more followers from experience.

#FOLLOWME, #SCHOOLLIFE, #DACC, #NMSU, #ENGLISHCLASS, #HELPMEGETFOLLOWERS, #NEEDFOLLOWERS, #TWITTERCOMPETIION, #MAKEMEPOPULAR, #WILLYOUFOLLOWME


Comments

  1. Don't worry I didn't gain many followers either. I think if I would have spent a little more time on it I could have gained a few more. I had my profile set on private before and I was hesitant to make it public for this competition because I didn't want "creepers" on my page. LOL. Not even 20 minutes after I made it public I had people private messaging me. Definitely creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait til you see how many the winners got. You will be amazed! It's a tricky competition but I'm hoping we get some feedback from the winners on how they did it. Thanks for trying! It's not easy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cell Phone Love

This Is The End, Or Are We Just Getting Started!!!!!